Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You deserve what you think

Little do I know about the Law of Attraction based on the short documentary I watched in one of the seminar that I attended long time ago said that... your thoughts... regardless being positive or negative will be released into the universe in a form of energy and if you truly truly believe it, whatever you believe in, will come true..

Gerry, maybe you can help me out here... betul tak?

Is that the reason why sometimes, when we dread certain things to happen... and we think of it so much.. praying that it won't happen... but in the end it does happen...

For example... Alice* spend the whole night being very nervous.. can't sleep and can't eat because tomorrow she got to deliver a speech right in front of 10oo people in her school.. and she spend the whole night worried that things will screw up... such as.. what if I forgot my lines? what if I croaked and people laugh at me? .... What if I tripped on the microphone cables and fell flat on the floor... what ifs.. what ifs... and what ifsss.... all the what ifs in the world....

So guess what to Alice? She went to her school the next morning... very early indeed as she couldn't sleep the whole night... so she thought... I may as well go to school early as I don't want to be late... So off she went and when she walked out to the stage right about to start her speech...she was too blur due to not sleeping the night before and it's taking a toll on her.. she actually tripped on the microphone cables.. and fell flat on her face.. confirming one of her worst fear... Alice got up... trying her best to regain her composure and also ignore all the giggles and snickers from the audience and started her speech...

Alice's voice was trembling but she went on.... trying hard to make sure she remembers her lines... however after the 3rd line.. she paused... and starred the spotlight thats right on her... suddenly.. it dawned to her... she's BLANK!!! Alice ACTUALLY forgot her lines!!! What else could be worst than these??? Simply to conclude.. she ran all the way back home and hid under her blanket and refuse to see anyone for the longest time... The end..

Of coz Alice is a fictional person here... But I bet each on of us here had that kind of feeling before and understand how Alice felt.

Why does it happened that way? Is it because we've as human has always been programed to think of the worst... but secretly hope that it won't happen? And due to the laws of attraction.. whatever we think of... esp the worst.. happens!!

When we think of something bad / negative will happen even though we don't want to... does that mean we secretly or subconsciously hope that it'll happen? Of coz not right???

But then when we had those negative thoughts... such as... Aaah.. I will sure fail the test... or I for sure won't get the job... why would they pick me... Or sure lose if I gamble.. or I'm never gonna get picked in a lucky draw...Or for sure he/she won't like me.. coz I''m fat.. I'm poor..I'm too thin...I'm ugly... yada yada yada.. you get what I mean...

Does that mean.. we really want to fail the test? Or not able to get the job? Or lose our money in gambling... or get rejected by the other boy / girl??? NO at all right? Then why does this happen?
Are we supposed to be happy as what we thought of came true? coz you been thinking that way right? So you must be happy that what you thought came true.... Or shall we be sad if it came true?

Which position would you choose to be in?

Therefore... shall we keep a conscious mind and always remind ourselves that we should be selective on what's constantly in our thoughts as it may just come true???

Simply put it... if we want good things to happen to us... shall we only have good thoughts in our mind? Unless you want bad things to happen.. or your worst fear to happen as you keep thinking about it... then so be it..
Therefore, what ever thats constantly in your thoughts... you truly deserve it... or else.. you wouldn't let it stay there isn't it???

Your choice..

6 comments:

Redbabe said...

wah... so deep one???

From experience, it is like this. No need to get too confused about conscious or sub-conscious.

1) treat the world as your catalogue. Pick and choose what you want.
2) then envisioned the pleasure of enjoying that something you wanted.

All you have to do is to just believe. If you want it hard enough, if you believe it hard enough, it will manifest. :)

Terri Chai said...

Even the bad things.. you believe and it will manifest ? ;)

Redbabe said...

Yes, it will. How many times when we wished so hard "pls dont pick me, not me, not me", and you got picked?

If you keep thinking that you got no money, u will always have no money. The little money card that gerry 'sold' to us is an affirmation to make believe that money will flow in like water to us.

Terri Chai said...

I so totally agree with you lo..

Gerry said...

Well done!

Terri, remember that everyone of us is still learning and everything that you see is not real. You are the creator of your own reality; so if you choose not to control your thoughts, then your thoughts will control you.

Your first step - mindfulness meditation :)

Terri Chai said...

Yes.. My dear Mrs Wong..
If only you could drill this into 'someone'... hehehehe!!